Our team of stove & fireplace experts install Wood Burning Stoves from the Bay area to the Sierra Nevada Mountains including Fresno, Clovis CA, Madera CA, Merced CA, Monterey CA, Carmel CA, Salinas CA and more.
When it comes to home heating, modern wood burning stoves may be the most exciting option. Besides providing the same cozy ambiance as a traditional fireplace, there are numerous benefits to today’s wood stoves. Free-standing wood burning stoves are:
- Highly efficient
- Compliant with strict EPA2 standards
- Available in three types and a wide range of styles and sizes
- An ideal addition to any type of décor
- Environmentally friendly
- Cost-cutting heat sources
Efficient and Cost-Saving
Wood-burning stoves of today are highly efficient, and a re-burn system is part of the reason. Stainless steel secondary air tubes are positioned in the appliance’s hottest spot, that being the top of the stove firebox. Secondary combustion air is moved into the stove with these tubes. When smoke from the fire is mixed with the extremely hot air, the smoke is burned up prior to exiting through the chimney, which means the warmth stays in the room. A wood-burning stove can be efficient enough to heat a 3,500-square-foot space.
Using the wonderful radiant heat provided by a wood stove will help you cut utility costs, since you may be able to rely strictly on the stove when zone heating.
3 Types of Wood Stoves
You can choose from a wide range of colors and a modern, elegant style or a more antique-looking wood stove. Just as important as matching your home décor is choosing the type of unit that will work best for you. The following are the three types of wood burning stoves you can choose from:
- Soapstone wood-burning stoves do a better job of storing heat than any other natural material. This type requires more time to heat up, but steady and consistent heat continues to be provided by a soapstone stove even after the fire has gone out. Every soapstone stove is a completely original work of art due to the properties of the material and the veining in the stone.
- Steel wood-burning stoves heat up more quickly than other types of wood stoves, and they also cool down more quickly. The units are designed with convective air chambers and flat surfaces that are ideal for installing a fan.
- Cast iron wood-burning stoves are an American icon and have been popular for more than two centuries. These units can be highly decorative, since the castings can be poured into a wide variety of shapes with texturing on the sides, arched doors, legs, and top of the stoves. Cast iron wood stoves can have functional cooking surfaces.
Burning firewood is more earth-friendly than many people realize. Burning wood is a carbon neutral way to heat your home, since wood that is burned releases the same amount of carbon as if the logs deteriorated in the forest naturally. Unlike gas, oil, and other energy sources, firewood is a renewable resource.
Visit our showroom to view the many beautiful models, styles, and colors of wood-burning stoves, all of which are approved for the strict EPA2 standards required in the San Joaquin Valley and in many other regions throughout California.