Our skilled chimney technicians perform Tuckpointing & other Chimney Masonry Repairs for residents in the greater Fresno area, including Mendota CA, Los Banos CA, Dinuba CA, Parlier CA, Chowchilla CA, Visalia CA, Tulare CA, Coalinga CA.
When chimney mortar begins crumbling, your chimney becomes vulnerable to moisture and structural problems. You can stop the very costly process of deterioration by hiring our trained chimney technicians to perform “tuckpointing,” a repair procedure. Tuckpointing not only stops the destructive process, it also costs a lot less than other alternatives, such as the ultimate need for a complete chimney rebuild.
Your masonry chimney could last about a hundred years except for the fact that the mortar, which provides waterproofing and cohesiveness to the structure, only lasts about 25 years. When the mortar no longer holds up against the entry of moisture into your chimney system, your masonry also becomes vulnerable.
Tuckpointing is the most cost-effective answer to weakened mortar joints in your chimney; it involves removing old mortar and replacing it in a way that gives your chimney a renewed look and improved structural integrity. There are a number of distinct benefits that tuckpointing offers, such as:
- The process of corrosion of your mortar and masonry is stopped.
- The moisture that gets into the chimney due to the erosion of mortar joints can cause the brick or stone masonry to break apart. The life of your chimney is extended when you provide a new, virtually waterproof mortar joint.
- The stability of your chimney is compromised when the mortar joints begin deteriorating. If the mortar isn’t repaired, the chimney can begin leaning and could ultimately collapse altogether.
- It is far more economical to repair a chimney with tuckpointing, as compared to rebuilding it.
- Moisture may be your chimney’s biggest enemy. Tuckpointing is an important defense against moisture and helps prevent wood rot, mold, mildew, and more.
- When your chimney is in good condition, your home value is increased.
- Your chimney’s original aesthetic beauty is restored as a result of tuckpointing.
Call our trained chimney sweeps for chimney repairs or for questions you may have about the condition of your chimney. We will give you an honest and informed assessment of the need for tuckpointing and any other repairs that may be needed and, upon request, will show you the conditions leading to our recommendations.